AN UNPLUGGED LOVE

It's a chotu silent roar from another soul.

As usual, I was lying half-dead under the sheets, enjoying yet another weekend. The pink sky, yellow birds, a blue road and we four friends going on a weekend trip by cycle having four wheels. The retro songs of friendship and breakup songs of Arijit, were continuously running on our lips as we go on and on. Suddenly, there was a magnified body of our boss screaming the word deadline followed by a dominating huge mobile, raucously cackling the Redmi note ringtone, opened my eyes. Uff! It’s just a dream.

I observed the clucking roars haven’t stopped yet. so I stretched myself to take my phone. Your name. Your name on the call woke me up completely. The tiny old me from inside started to pump again when I heard your husky voice after a very long time. That voice of yours pulled me back to the beginnings.

I remembered those mornings waiting in the corridor to see you for a few seconds. My sweaty hands on the railing, eyes in a race to search you and a blunt mind waiting to say a ‘Hello’ to you. Those 15 minutes were beautiful.

I recollected those coincidental moments, whenever we matched our dress colours, that used to keep me excited for that entire day.

I recalled those nights, annoying my best friend talking about you for hours and going to bed blushing.

I remembered that entire day we spent with each other in the rain, which was unplanned. But I felt fortunate.

I remembered that constant fantasy of you and me walking towards our college gate, with yellow bell flowers around, me trying to hold your hand but couldn’t and the sudden brush between our hands made us conscious, with the equal amount of awkwardness that made us to hold our hands tighter, smile more wider, as a promise.

I remembered those regretful days for not expressing my feelings for you.

Slowly the call ended with a 'bye' from you, dragging me to the reality.
The effect of that one call for 9 minutes 42 seconds summoned up these memories and erased all my decisions. And today, after 5 years, you are in my presence and I don’t feel it. Is it because of the growth I see in you? I guess yes.

But I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this experience. Thank you for making me identify the other side of me. Thank you for being a part of my life.

Thankyou SOUL, for hearing out my unplugged love. 



Comments

  1. Good read.
    Wish to read more of your work.
    Want you to knock off the next one too considering ur first go at this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so bittersweet. Absolutely loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

JUST IN THE BRAIN.

AN UNUSUAL DAY

The Dark Box