MISSING YOU



The hustling bustling white marble floor, filled with panicked staff living in a frenzy mode waiting for the official announcement so that we can work from home in this quarantine. Every single face around me look so crackled with many questions in their brains and I am here, eagerly waiting for the office buzzer to ring so that I can disappear from this place. I wish my cubical had a secret door to directly bump into our home. 

I was dreaming about you in those red Pokémon night suite dancing on your favorite song, making the dinner table ready with my favorite food, bouncing here and there singing out loud so that I can identify your mood of the day. I open my eyes with a jerk in the auto and smiled at the cute dream. I finally reach home and standing in front of the door. I know you are waiting for me at the other side of the door, to hug me and share what all happened the entire day. I open the door and everything vanished.

The excitement of waiting to see you after a tiring day, the hidden rose in my sling bag half crumpled under the laptop, that Pokémon night suite and those dances. Everything just faded. I felt numb for a few seconds and realized that it is 7th day and you haven’t returned from the hospital.

Crowded roads, scary cries, honking vehicles and my eyes filled with tears looking at you from one side. Pale clothes, running foot-steps, syringes and your eyes staring at me from another, divided by a transparent glass wall between us. There was a moment of pause in my life when you came forward and our heads leaned on glass touching each other, and my tears just burst out. You placed your gloved hand on the glass touching my bare hand on the other side and promised me that you’ll recover soon. We stayed like that for 2 minutes until it was time to bid a bye.

The pitch of a whistle blown from the old rusted pressure cooker from behind jolt me and I see myself in the couch with a coffee mug in my hand. The room is surrounded by the noise from television, whistles from a pressure cooker, tinkles from my mobile and ticks of the wall clock. But I still visualize the way we went apart.

I am missing you very bad that the negative vibes around me make me physically weak. I started watching tom and jerry just like what you do when you feel low. I wanted to do the same so that I can live with you. I did the same what you did. Fell asleep watching it. I miss you.

I wish I could see you tomorrow.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

JUST IN THE BRAIN.

AN UNUSUAL DAY

The Dark Box