The Dark Box

 

It’s all dark, black and blind. There is undeviatingly nothing to see around me. It’s all dead. I could feel something in my hand, soft, partially wet and feels spooky. After a while of buried silence, an irksome noise ran closer to me, made me roll and fall down, trashed my head to the hard surface, a height of the wall, I guess.

Slowly, from nowhere, the sounds started to increase in high pitch, crying, someone calling my name, screaming, everything mixed. The darkness was circulated with hot spells that I started to sweat continuously in fear. My breath is rapidly high and my heart was pounding heavily, it is all suffocating and doomed. This moment, I understand why darkness is negative.

After a while of cranky sounds, the box of darkness turned calm and dead, again. I tried opening my eyes, holding onto the edge, I stood. Now, I could witness a flare of sparkling light somewhere far from my sight. The sparkling light started to blink, rapidly increased its pace as I tried running to reach it. There was no end as I realized there’s no end to feel it. The light started to sparkle faster until it vanished. The light was blur yet positive. It was tiny yet a hope.  It was just light but was an escape. I missed it.

That’s when I realized the creepy cloth was stuffed in my mouth and my hands turned stiff with less movement. Something touching me all over my body making me terribly worse and uncomfortable. The darkness, the screams, cries and weeps all faded in and I began to feel gruesome. Trying harder and more pressure, I made my hands flexible and started to rub myself, shooing away to touch me, trying to wipe something that was all over my body. It is not going. I threw the cloth from my mouth but I felt a harsh force slamming my face telling, “Shh……!”

The hands on my chest and face were rough, wrinkled and aged. The sparkled light flashed in once again, revealing his face. That is my uncle. He is here again with my teddy bear and favorite chocolates. The light beating faster slowed down and his eyes were visible clearer. Those wide dangerous eyes crawling around my body was horrific. Trying to call my mom, weeping out louder but couldn’t. Fortunately, the light shined and I could hear my mother coming closer.

She called my name thrice in her melodious voice, healing and calm. Waking up from my bed, I hugged her tightly, leaving no space between us. Sweating harder with fear, I uttered, “Please don’t leave me alone ma. I am scared.” She hugged me back and slowly whispered, “Do not worry. There is something for you to feel better. Your uncle is here with your teddy bear and favorite chocolates.”

My mother kissed me on my forehead, smiled wide and left, leaving me again in the dark box.

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

JUST IN THE BRAIN.

AN UNUSUAL DAY